Monday, October 18, 2010

support system

You just won $5000 on the weekly scratchie you buy yourself, you know the one that your mum nags you about cause you should be saving for a home deposit not wasting money on scratchies. Your excited, you can't believe it, nothing like this every happens to you. Who do you call? Best friend, husband, partner, mum (just so you can say I told you so)?

You've had a shit morning, your alarm didn't go off, your late, your bus ticket ran out so you had to pay the drive with 5 cent pieces and everyone is glaring at you. You want to be invisible, you want to get off the bus and go home, you want to crawl back into bed and cry. Who do you want a hug from? Best friend? Husband? Partner, mum (mum's give the best hugs)?

You just told the funniest joke you have ever told. Everyone around you has literally pissed themselves with laughter and are voting you funniest comedian of all time. Who do you want to re live this moment with? Who do you want to make laugh so hard they cry? Best friend? Husband? Boyfriend? Mum?

There used to be someones name I answered these questions with. Someone who was my support system, someone I celebrated with, cried with, laughed with. Someone I thought I would never replace... but I have. Thank you Sarah for being there for me when I needed it. Thank you for listening, celebrating, crying and laughing with me. Thank you for stepping up and making helping me be strong. Thank you for helping me get through the weekend.

Have a fantastic time in Hong Kong you deserve the break and the time to re balance and re energize you. Bon Voyage xx

No comments: