Wednesday, February 16, 2011

shopping

Chirpy shop assistant - 'Hihowareya?Wouldyaliketotrythoseon?'.
Voice in my head - 'No I would like you to take a step back and get the f**k out of my personal space'.
I actually smile, say 'No thankyou' and leave the store.


Is anyone else over of feeling like they are being interrogated by pushy sales assistants for just admiring or heaven forbid touching clothes/ shoes/ etc? Comments like the above make me feel uncomfortable and i usually end up leaving the store. I usually prefer to browse in large department stores where you don't seem to encounter may sales assistants and the returns policy does not require you to give up your first born.


While I am a quick and quiet shopper and rarely welcome the help of sales assistants while browsing, on few occasions i must admit i have a few helpful sales assistants. Although few and far between these sales assistants have respected my personal space, have pulled something special from out the back or gone above and beyond to find my size at another store.


What is your shopping style? Do you like to be 'helped'? Have you also felt uncomfortable while shopping?

No comments: