Thursday, January 20, 2011

i am



I’m the girl who plays it safe and knows what suits her body shape. I always prefer it in black. I’m the girl who starts stripping the second she walks in the door – work clothes off, trackies and hoodie on. I walk on my toes and prance rather than run, I can’t help it. I’m more comfortable skydiving then I am speaking when the spotlight on me. I’m the least photogenic person ever.
I know people and have acquaintances and friends, but keep my circle of close friends small. And I’m fiercely protective of them. Fair weather friends aren’t my scene and I don’t put up with bullshit.
I can run my mouth with the best of them and I am very opinionated, but I’ve learned to keep it in check. Most of the time… And I’ll be the first to admit that I’m kind of a snob. I know what I like, I know what’s good to me and I might be judging you for thinking otherwise. But I’ll be damned if I’m not one of the nicest and most real people you’ll ever meet.
I’m the girl who picks wine based on the prettiness of the names and labels. I love handmade and crafty things, but can’t do it myself for the life of me. I can quote movie/ TV show lines almost word for word and do so on regular (and probably annoying) basis. I have stacks of books all over the place and can spend days holed up reading and be perfectly happy. I probably have the oddest music collection you ever did see.
I believe pinky promises are still serious business, and that vanilla lattes are one of the best inventions ever. I could eat pasta and cheese every day of the week, and think carbs are the worst invention ever. I’m a sentimental kind of gal and can think of reasons to hold on to pretty much anything.
I’m the girl who gets nervous talking to new people and never know what to say for fear of sounding like an idiot. I constantly worry I’m bothering people so if I’m quiet, that’s probably why. But when I finally feel comfortable, I’d love nothing more than to sit down over drinks and talk forever.
In the past year and a half, I found myself and realised what I’m truly capable of. I’ve learned when to fight for something and when to let go. I’ve learned that sometimes when you think shit just can’t get any worse, it does. You just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on.
Don’t let it make you hard. Let it make you stronger.

No comments: