Wednesday, September 22, 2010

last night i went a little mad

"Oh no! I got carried away and cut my hair shorter... by myself! Now i have to spend more money to get it fixed!" I messaged my friend SMF. I looked in the mirror again and tried not to cry. "Oh no! Why did you do that for? How short is it? What about the layers? I have so many questions!!" SMF replied. Why did i do it??? I do not know.

As i mentioned i had my hair cut and coloured over the weekend. This is a bit of a treat for me as i rarely get anything done to my hair. My hair doesn't grow and 6 weekly cut and colours are not in my budget.

The experience was hesitant from the start i usually don't go somewhere so fancy (and expensive) but my usual, by this i mean the hairdresser that cut my hair last time (some 3+ months ago!), was away on holidays for 3 weeks. After much thought and research i took the plunge and booked an appointment at Joh Bailey.

I arrived coffee in hand butterflies in my tummy and took a seat in the chair. After close to 4 hours later (i kid you not) I emerge - my hair was 2 shades lighter, highlighted subtly, cut, layered and blow dried beautifully. I approached the receptionist and grasped the counter tightly as she told me how much my new hair cost and handed over my card. I walked away. I liked it. I thought it was a big change. I wanted people to stop me in the street and tell me how amazing my hair was. You know that feeling.

Last night i got home from work and looked at my hair. I got a second mirror out and checked out the back... hmm I could of gone an inch shorter, I'll cut it myself i thought. I saw where and how much i needed to cut and took the scissors to my hair. Several snips later i was in shock, my hair was 6cms shorter and all my pretty layers were gone.

I haven't got it fixed yet. I'm waiting for SMF to check it out before i part with more money, admit my mistake and make another trip to Joh Bailey. I will keep you all updated.

No comments: